New Community Website

Ordinarily, you'd be at the right spot, but we've recently launched a brand new community website... For the community, by the community.

The forum below will remain in read only mode.

Yay... Take Me to the Community!

Customizing DNN Services API

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Vicenç Masanas
Association Member
    I've create a couple services for some modules for different clients but I'm not very happy with the urls this system generates.
    For example, on a tipical project I'd have:
    www.mydomain/Desktopmodules/Disgrafic/MyProject/API/Service/MethodName

In some cases these were services to be consumed by external projects and ideally my preference for the name would be something like:
    www.mydomain/MyProject/API/Service/MethodName
    or even
    www.mydomain/Service/MethodName

Is there a way to get this kind or url rewriting for the services API? would something as the OpenUrlRewriter work here?
    Sacha Trauwaen
      Vicenç,

Url rewiter liken openurlrewiter, the core rewriter or IIS rewriter, rewrite in the url in early stage of the IIS live cycle. So normally, they can rewrite also routes of web api.

The idea behind routes used by the web api. Is to make url friendly out of the box.
      But because DNN have made the url respect a stand url sheme like you mention, they are not so friendly for external use.

But DNN web api is module centric, not really made (i think) for external use.

Otherwise DNN Url rewriters work by portal because the pupose is to rewrite pages and the modules urls on the pages. And web api routes are by module installation. This fit not good in the actual DNN rewriter concept.

I will say try it first with the IIS rewiter module.

Reagrds,
      Sacha
      Sacha Trauwaen
        Vicenç Masanas
        Association Member
          Thanks Sasha will take a look.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

Hosting liberally provided by