New Community Website

Ordinarily, you'd be at the right spot, but we've recently launched a brand new community website... For the community, by the community.

The forum below will remain in read only mode.

Yay... Take Me to the Community!

Pros/Cons/Comparison of 40 Fingers Style Helper vs. DNN CRM

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Will Strohl
Association Member
    This is mainly aimed at Timo, but anyone with the knowledge, please feel free to educate me.

From what I can tell, the 40 Fingers Style Helper is almost ignoring the DNN CRM. I could be wrong. What's the pros/cons and comparison of the two? Are there times when you should use the CRM way of adding scripts and CSS versus the Style Helper, and vice versa?

I'm mainly looking at this because it doesn't appear that the CRM supports defer or async. (But I haven't yet dove into the source to verify - will do that later tonight.)
    Timo Breumelhof
      Yes it does ignore CRM for loading.
      It does support unloading style sheets loaded by CRM.
      I had a lot of issue with CRM in the beginning when using compression to be honest and then decided not to use it.
      My skins have only one stylesheet and when a module adds any extra stylesheets I generally unload them.
      Will Strohl
      Association Member
        So the DNN CRM implementation doesn't include defer or async. It's either a pull request to add it and hope it gets included one day, or use the 40 Fingers Style Helper skin object.
        Timo Breumelhof
          I guess you cannot have CRM combine an async loaded js file with others, so there's no real reason not to use the Style Helper ;-)
          Will Strohl
          Association Member
            It doesn't look like the StyleHelper supports defer or async. Am I right about that?
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 1 of 212 > >>

Hosting liberally provided by